The Delaware Sports Lottery is available at three-land based casinos in the State, allowing players to make sports betting wagers on a variety of sports which include Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Golf, Motor Racing, Boxing and Mixed Martial Arts. To learn more about the Delaware Sports Lottery read the full review below.
What is the Delaware Sports Lottery?
The Delaware Sports Lottery is a sports wagering platform that is sponsored solely by the State of Delaware. The platform allows bettors to place a number of different types of sports wagers at land-based sportsbooks from three major casinos: the Delaware Park Casino, Dover Downs Hotel & Casino and Harrington Raceway & Casino.
The Delaware Sports Lottery is also available for Football Parlay Wagering at retail locations throughout the state. Bettors will be required to be over the age of 21 to place any sports wagers for the Delaware Sports Lottery.
At the moment nine sports are available for betting at the Delaware Sports Lottery:
- Motor Racing
- Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
*It is expected that Tennis will be added to the available sports in the near future.
How to bet on sports at the Delaware Sports Lottery
Currently, you will be required to visit one of the three land-based sportsbooks to place sports bets through the Delaware Sports Lottery, expect for Football Parlay bets which are available Delaware Lottery retail locations.
To place a bet you must fill out sports betting card at the sportsbook with will be considered your betting ticket. For the odds or point spreads which are offered on a given event, bettors may read the display boards posted within the book area.
Odds are generally displayed in American odds format but can be viewed in decimal and fractional format if required. Winning tickets can be mailed in for redemption of winnings.
Types of Sports Bets
A number of different types of sports bets are available at the Delaware Sports Lottery:
- Money Lines- money lines are the simplest form of betting which only requires bettors to pick the winner of a sporting event.
- Points Spread- points spreads provides a margin in which a team or player must win or lose to ‘cover the spread.’ So for example if a Team A was given -5 and Team B +5 in a basketball points spread, Team A would have to win the game by 5 points or more to win the bet. Team B would have to lose by no more than 5 points to cover the spread.
- Over/Under- an over/under bet allows you to bet on whether the total points for a game will be over or under a given value set by the Delaware Sports Lottery.
- Parlays- parlay bets give you the option of linking two or more wagers together. To win the bet, bettors will be required to get all wagers correct. The odds for parlay bets are multiplied together to provide better odds.
- Prop Bets- with prop bets you can bet on the outcome of a specific event within a game. For example: ‘Which team will score first?’
Delaware Online Sportsbooks
There is currently no sports betting available online at Delaware but you may visit a brick and mortar casino to make wagers at live sportsbooks:
Delaware Park Sportsbook
The Delaware Parks Sportsbook is available on the 1st and 3rd floor clubhouses at the Delaware Park Casino. The sportsbook offers all the Delaware Sports Lottery wagering options, which includes Vegas-style betting and parlay cards. A Player Rewards Club is also available with added bonuses.
Dover Downs Sportsbook
The Dover Downs Racetrack and Sportsbook is another option for playing the Delaware Sports Lottery. The sportsbook is open everyday from morning until late into the night, giving users the chance to place wagers throughout the day. New members can get $25 in match play for table games when making a first bet of $100 or more.
Harrington Raceway Sportsbook
The Harrington Race/Sportsbook & Grill is open everyday from 11 am to midnight, taking Delaware Sports Lottery wagers on all the major sports excluding MMA and Boxing.
Delaware Online Casinos
Online casinos are available from all three of the major casinos in Delaware:
Delaware Park Casino
The Delaware Park Online Casino offers a variety of classic casino & poker games. Games can be played on mobile devices anywhere within the State of Delaware. At the moment, Welcome Offers are available at the Delaware Park Online Casino, giving users the chance to pick up bonus cash on their first deposits on the platform.
Dover Downs Casino
The Dover Downs Casino provides online gaming via both a browser-based client and mobile app. Casino games include a range of table games, slots and an online poker room. Bonuses are available for newcomers looking to make a first deposit on the site.
Harrington Raceway & Casino
Much like th Delaware Park and Dover Downs Casinos, the Harrington provide Delaware-based users with an online section of casino gaming. The site offers a number of top casino games such as Roulette, Blackjack and Slots along with a poker room. Separate registration and poker bonuses are currently available.
Delaware Lottery Games
The Delaware Lottery provides a variety of lotto games other than the Delaware Sports Lottery:
- Table Games- available at all three of the Delaware Lottery owned casinos. Includes Blackjack, Roulette, Craps, Let It Ride, Texas Hold Em and Pai Gow Poker.
- Drawing Games- buy tickets to a number of the most popular lotteries in the world from the Delaware Lottery.
- Instant Games- a number of instant scratch cards are available at Delaware Lottery retailers.
- Keno- you can play Keno at any of the Delaware Lottery locations across the state.